TP-Link CPE extender is a device well-known to provide outdoor Wi-Fi coverage. The device is especially used for point-to-point and outdoor wireless coverage. It is ideal for long-distance wireless transmission over 5 km. However, performing the tp-link outdoor cpe configuration can be a little tricky as its setup process is different than other traditional extenders. If you are wondering how to do tp-link cpe installation then you’re at the right place.
- Connect the power adapter to the CPE extender using an Ethernet cable. The one end will go to the power PoE adapter and the other end will go to the tplink extender.
- Next, you need to connect the LAN port of the PoE adapter to the computer with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- After making the hardware connection, you need to open up an internet browser and onto its address bar type 192.168.0.254.
- You’ll now need to log into tplink extender. Enter ‘admin’ in the username and password fields. Choose the ‘language’ and ‘Country Code’ from the drop-down menu.
- Once you’re signed in, you can perform the tp-link outdoor cpe configuration on the ‘Quick Setup’ of the device.
- First of all, select the operational mode for your device. If you want to use your tplink CPE device as an extender then select the extender mode.
- Next, you need to provide the wireless network name and password to the CPE network. Enter the required details and press the ‘Save’ button.
Finally, you can relocate your tp-link CPE extender to a centralized location. These were some easy steps for the tp-link cpe installation. You can reach to our team of experts if you need more help with tplink CPE setup. Our technicians are accessible 24/7 via their toll-free number or through a live chat window.