TP-Link Extender Setup
If you are looking for the best services providing extender to enhance your internet speed and remove the dead zones, TP-Link is the best option for you. It comes with the latest technologies and the best features provided in the market. It makes it easy to do the TP-Link extender setup and login. You can do it with the use of a mobile app and control the settings as you want. It is budget-friendly and saves your time for installation and configuration.
It might seem a bit difficult to do the TP-Link extender login, setup, and configuration. But in actual it is very easy to do. With only a few simple steps you will be able to use your extender. If you have any issue while doing the setup and login, you can do the TP-Link extender reset to resolve the issue. When you are done with the setup and installation you need to log in to TP-Link Extender for the configuration. You can do the TP-Link Extender setup without WPS Button or with the WPS button, check out the steps.
Easy Steps to do the TP-Link Extender Setup
- You can easily do the TP-Link Extender setup with WPS Button. The initial step for the TP-Link extender setup is to make a wired connection.
- First of all, connect the power cable to the adapter.
- After that, take the Ethernet cable and make a connection between your extender and computer.
- Now, connect the power adapter to the power source.
- For the setup, change your computer’s IP address.
- Open the network and sharing on your computer and select the Properties after the Ethernet button.
- Now, change the IP address to 192.168.0.10 after double-clicking on ipv4.
- Your computer’s IP address has changed now.
Logging into the TP-Link range extender
- Open the browser on your computer.
- Enter http://192.168.0.254 load the TP-Link extender login
- You can also use the web address that is TP-Linkextender.net and go to the login page.
- There, you have to enter the default username and password as “admin” for both.
- Next, you have to select your country and choose the language. Then, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Make sure to change the password for security reasons.
- See the Quick setup and change the settings as per your requirements.
- Now, to configure the settings go to the Stats page.
- With the Finish button, complete the process.
Now, when it comes to installation and configuration, it has become very easy to do that with advanced technologies. You can do that with the help of a mobile app also. All you have to do is download the app from the play store and install it on your mobile. Then, you can easily configure your extender and enjoy the uninterrupted internet.
If you like to play various video games then the TP-Link extender is the best option for you as it provides you the high-speed internet and resolves the lagging issue. You can now stream your favorite shows without the slow speed issue. As it provides the larger coverage area and removes the dead zones, you can work from any part of your home without any worry. Once you are done with the installation and configuration, you can have access to the high-speed internet.
Installation and Configuration of TP Link Extender
You can do the installation and configuration of your TP-Link extender with only a few simple steps given below. Check out the steps and follow the instructions to have a better-performing extender.
- For the first step, make the hardware connection between devices and then proceed to the login process.
- You have to log in to the Phas OS and check the quick setup.
- Then, you have to select the Access Point and then hit the Next button.
- Go to the LAN settings and then tap on the Next.
- To set up the wireless AP, you have to create the new SSID for your network.
- After that, you have to choose WPA-PSK/WPA-PSK for security reasons and create a new password.
- You have to enter the distance between the client and access to the distance setting field.
- Now, click on the Finish button to verify the setting.
- For the TP-Link CPE set up as a client device, log in and select the client and click on the Next.
- Now, you Have to ton change the IP address to the 192.168.0.x for LAN setting and click next.
- For the wireless setting, choose the SSID and connect.
- You have to choose the WPA-PSK from security and then enter the password.
- To complete the setup process by clicking on the Finish button.
Resolving key issues with the tp-Link extender setup process
While you are trying to access the login page, or have already logged in to the setup wizard and are stuck at some step during the network configuration, there are steps you can take to resolve key issues that might arise. Some of the common issues that users face are:
- Unable to access the login page
- Forgotten username and password
- Poor Network Performance
Now, the moment you realize you are having trouble with the extender setup process, it is important to identify the core issue. Nevertheless, whatever the issue is, you can always follow some basic troubleshooting steps to troubleshoot the same. Here are some steps you can follow to eliminate the said issues:
Restart your network devices
When you are facing issues related to connectivity or there are some device glitches that prevent you from setting up your device, you can always perform a device restart. Or, better yet, you can power cycle the networking devices and then try accessing your device again.
Restarting your networking devices help reset the device activity and clear any bugs that might prevent your device from establishing a successful network connection.
Check the default web address/ IP address
The default IP address or the web address that you use to access the tp-link extender setup wizard must be correct. While you can use the default details, if the IP address has been changed earlier, you’ll need to extract the correct IP address details using the network settings and then use it to access the login wizard. The correct values for the web address and the default IP address are as under:
Default IP address: https://192.168.0.1
Also, make sure you are typing these values in the address bar while you are trying to access the internet.
Use the correct default username and password
If you are using incorrect credentials to access the login wizard, you won’t be able to proceed with the network setup and further settings. Therefore, always double check the details you use for the setup process. Though the default credentials are mentioned on the product label of the device, you can always check the details for correctness in case you had changed them earlier.
Now, if you have forgotten/ lost these details, you can always recover them. However, there is a ‘conditions-apply’ asterisk. If you have lost the network password, you can simply login to the setup wizard and change the same. But, if you have lost the admin password, the one that you use to sign in to the tp-link extender setup wizard, you will need to factory reset your device and then reconfigure the settings.
Update your device firmware
Updating the router/extender’s firmware versions is key to keeping it working fine at all times. If you are facing poor device performance issues like reduced bandwidth, low network speeds, or glitches in the performance and other features, there’s a high probability that your device has a firmware update still pending. To check for the latest firmware update, you can sign in to the device settings page and navigate to the device administration settings. If there’s an update pending you can update the same by clicking on the ‘Update Firmware’ button. Your extender will now restart and you can now benefit with increased network speeds.
It is not hard to do the TP-Link extender setup and installation as it might seem. With the steps provided above, you can do it without any efforts. There can be few issues that you might face while doing the setup and login such as, your internet might not work, you are unable to load the login page or login web address is not working. You can resolve these issues with a few simple troubleshooting methods. If that is not working, you can try the TP-Linkextender.net reset. For that, you need to press the reset button at the back with a pin for a few seconds. Your device will be set to the factory default version. If that did not solve the issue, you call us and get help from our technical expert team on our toll-free number. They will be more than happy to assist you.