TP-Link CPE220 Setup
The one and only Tp-Link cpe220
Outdoor wireless connections seem to be a common issue that has been constantly managed but they persist at large. But wifi extenders such as TP-Link cpe220 has bridged a lot of gaps between indoor and outdoor wireless connections. Truth be told nobody wants to buy meters of wire just to extend their wifi connections outdoors. The Tp-Link cpe220 is a profound wireless extender that gives you that high-profile outdoor connection you are looking for. Keep reading to know more about TP-Link cpe220 extender setup.
Benefits and features of TP-Link cpe220
- The TP-Link cpe220 is committed to covering and supplying wireless connections to long distances. It has an outdoor speed of 300Mbps. With such speed covering a long distance, you can sit back and enjoy your internet.
- High-performance ability in conjunction with user-friendly features for attracting users
- While other extenders can support very limited wireless internet devices, tplink cpe220 can support repeaters, routers, client mode, WISP, and WDS mode.
- It has an inbuilt 12dBi 2*2 dual-polarized directional MIMO antenna. This allows the slot for multiple users.
- Its system has an optimization ability for over 13km long-distance wireless transmission.
- Centralized Management System
- It has an Adjustable Transmission power. Beginning from 0 to 30dBm by 1000mw
- Its Passive PoEAdapter Supports about 60 meters Power over Ethernet deployment. Because of that, the device can reset remotely.
TP-Link cpe220 setup
The TP-Link cpe220 setup is not difficult. Its features are technically firm but the setup is user-friendly. You dont have to know a lot of technical jargon before you can set up your TP-Link cpe220. But before we dive into the setup, it is mandatory that you first connect your TP-Link cpe extender to the adapter using an Ethernet cable and a computer.
How can you connect your outdoor device?
Note that a wired connection is necessary for this process. The TP-Link cpe220 comes with two Ethernet ports- LAN0 (PoE) and LAN1(non-PoE)
- Begin by connecting the extender’s LAN0 port to the PoE passive port on the Adapter, with an Ethernet cable
- Then connect another Ethernet cable from the PoE LAN port of the Adapter to the LAN port of your computer
- Then plug the PoE adapter into a power socket. After that, turn on the power socket.
After this mini connection is done, it is time to log in to your dashboard to complete the TP-Link cpe extender setup.
How can I go about my TP-Link cpe220 login?
Note down the default username and password of the cpe220- “admin” as you will be needing it in this procedure. http://192.168.0.254 is the default IP address you will be using.
- On the same computer that is connected to the PoE Adapter, open your updated browser.
- In the address bar of your browser, type in the default IP address- http://192.168.0.254 and click on enter.
- You will be redirected to login screen. Once it appears, type in “admin” as the default username and password
- Click on login
- Pick your region/country
- Chose your language preference
- Next, you have to agree to the terms of service
- Log into the pharOS interface
- Now you will be required to change the admin default details and personalize it
- Click on the “create a new password” option. It is advised that you input a very strong password that you can remember. Or note it down somewhere safe.
- Reenter password. Confirm it. Then click on the “apply tab” to save modifications.
After you have finished with your TP-Link cpe220 login, you can continue your setup by configuring the settings of your TP-Link extender.
A quick TP-Link cpe220 setup as an extender
- If you logged out, log in again. Go to “quick setup”
- Chose “repeater mode”
- You can choose to change the IP address or let it be
- Next, you have to change the SSID of your extender
- Change the wireless network password too
- Next is the “status “ page that will display all the changes made. At this point, if you are not satisfied with anything, you can make changes before the next step.
- Click on “finish”. Wait for changes to be processed and saved.